FCAA Student Loan Counseling
FCAA’s comprehensive Student Loan Training Program provides financial counseling professionals with the tools needed to help borrowers understand and navigate the many complex federal student loan programs. The country’s total outstanding student loan debt has reached an all-time high, and while many programs exist to help alleviate the burden of student loans, there is a lack of understanding surrounding these programs, and as a result, student loan borrowers continue to struggle.
Our program is broken down into 4 sections and we cover:
- State of Student Loans
- Student Loans Types and Programs
- Real World Application of Student Loan Programs
- Enrollment in Student Loan Programs
Our program is a combination of self study via our on-line course as well as interaction with an instructor. Each module is meant to be completed weekly with access to your instructor via email as needed throughout the course. The instructor will also have a weekly 1 hour call in session for review and group discussion. Each module has interactive quizzes and a final test is administered at the end of the course.
Scheduled start dates for classes will be as follows:
Unless otherwise noted, all classes will begin at 2 p.m. EST
- January 8th, 16th, 22nd and 29th
- April 9th, 16th, 23rd and 30th
- July 23rd, 30th August 6th and 13th
- October 8th, 15th, 22nd and 29th
Click here to register for the course.
CLE and CPE is available upon request. The course has been approved by the following certifying organizations:
- Association for Financial Counseling and Planning Education (AFCPE) - 20 CEU's, my.afcpe.org
- Center for Financial Certifications - 14 CEU's (approval code 32)
- National Association of Certified Credit Counselors - 20 CEU's (14 CEU's for the manual and 6 CEU's for the live portion)
- Partnership for Financial Education - 9.5 CEU's
- South Carolina 20 CEU's
Please contact Lori Pollack at email@example.com for more information.
Approved Counselor Certification Course Providers
The organizations listed below provide professional certification for financial educators and counselors. Click on each logo for more information.
Association for Financial Institute for Financial Literacy Partnership for Financial Education
Counseling & Planning
Financial Counseling Network/ Arbor Education
National Association of Certified Credit Counselors