FCAA’s Student Loan Training Program is now available as an online self-study course. This program was designed specifically for financial counselors and other professionals working with student loan borrowers.
As outstanding student loan debt continues to soar, more and more individuals with student loan debt find themselves not knowing where to turn. While there are various student loan repayment programs, there is a general lack of understanding surrounding them. As a result, more and more individuals continue to struggle.
FCAA’s comprehensive six lesson Student Loan Training Program will give you the tools you need to help those struggling to repay their student loan debt.
Pricing is $199/enrollment. FCAA members will receive a $50 FCAA Credit for each enrollee.
- Lesson 1– State of Student Loans- Lesson 1 discusses changes to student loan lending, the financial aid lending process and the problems facing current borrowers.
- Lesson 2– Student Loans Types and Programs- Lesson 2 offers a comprehensive look at the various student loan types and the programs created to assist borrowers repay their loans. Also included is information on repayment plans and loan consolidation.
- Lesson 3– Loan Forgiveness and Eligibility Requirements- Lesson 3 covers eligibility requirements for student loan forgiveness, cancellation and discharge of student loan debt.
- Lesson 4– Postponement and Default- Lesson 4 details the options available to student loan borrowers for postponing the repayment of their loans. Student loan delinquency is also discussed in this module.
- Lesson 5– Real World Student Loan Counseling- Lesson 5 details the counseling process, from analysis to implementation (and includes the issues counselors can expect to be confronted with).
- Lesson 6- Online Resources- Lesson 6 provides great online resources for a majority of your student loan questions.
Quizzes are given throughout each lesson. A cumulative score of 70% is needed to pass.
Continuing Education is available upon request. The course has been approved by the following certifying organizations:
- AFCPE – 20 CEU’s
- Fincert – 14 CEU’s
- National Association of Certified Credit Counselors – 14 CEU’s
- Partnership for Financial Education – 15 CEU’s
- South Carolina Department of Consumer Affairs – 20 CEU’s
Please contact Lori Pollack at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.