FCAA’s comprehensive Student Loan Training Program provides financial counseling professionals with the tools needed to help borrowers understand and navigate the many complex federal student loan repayment programs. There are many programs to help alleviate the burden of student loans debt. Unfortunately, there is also a great lack of understanding surrounding these programs, which means student loan borrowers continue to struggle.
FCAA’s Student Loan Training Program is self-study six module course, designed to give the financial counselor the tools needed to help those with overburdened student loan debt back on the road to financial well being.
- Module 1– State of Student Loans- Module 1 discusses changes to student loan lending, the financial aid lending process and the problems facing current borrowers.
- Module 2– Student Loans Types and Programs- Module 2 offers a comprehensive look at the various student loan types and the programs created to assist borrowers repay their loans. Also included is information on repayment plans and loan consolidation.
- Module 3– Loan Forgiveness and Eligibility Requirements- Module 3 covers eligibility requirements for student loan forgiveness, cancellation and discharge of student loan debt.
- Module 4– Postponement and Default- Module 4 details the options available to student loan borrowers for postponing the repayment of their loans. Student loan delinquency is also discussed in this module.
- Module 5– Real World Student Loan Counseling- Module 5 details the counseling process, from analysis to implementation (and includes the issues counselors can expect to be confronted with).
- Module 6- Websites
Each module will be followed by a quiz. A cumulative score of 70% is needed to pass.
The FCAA Student Loan Training Program is currently be revised. Please check back to monitor our progress and for the official relaunch.
Continuing Education is available upon request. The course has been approved by the following certifying organizations:
- Arbor Education – 16 CEU’s
- AFCPE – 20 CEU’s
- Fincert – 14 CEU’s
- National Association of Certified Credit Counselors – 14 CEU’s
- Partnership for Financial Education – 15 CEU’s
- South Carolina Department of Consumer Affairs – 20 CEU’s
Please contact Lori Pollack at email@example.com for more information.