Dear Financial Counseling Professional,
The Financial Counseling Association of America (FCAA) is a member-supported national association representing agencies providing consumer credit counseling, debt management services, student loan counseling, housing counseling, bankruptcy counseling & debtor education, financial education and other services.
THE FCAA PROVIDES HIGH-VALUE SERVICES DESIGNED TO ESTABLISH EQUILIBRIUM BETWEEN CONSUMERS, CREDITORS, AND MEMBER AGENCIES FOR THE SUCCESSFUL REHABILITATION OF DEBT-CHALLENGED FAMILIES AND INDIVIDUALS.
The FCAA meets its mission by:
- Setting industry standards and providing consumer protection guidelines for its members.
- Representing its members before state and federal legislative bodies, supporting consumer issues and industry initiatives with the media, championing consumer financial education and campaigning for equity and fair interaction between the nation’s creditors and the credit counseling industry.
- Providing informed leadership, advocacy and value-added services to its members by collecting data on member needs, measuring member satisfaction and continuously striving to improve association effectiveness.
FCAA Membership Requirements
A complete list of all FCAA membership requirements are specified in our Membership Application.
- Membership in FCAA is based on strict adherence to a high standard of professional conduct as outlined in our Standards and Best Practices.
- Each FCAA member agency must meet all applicable statutory requirements in states where business is conducted. Agencies must be accredited by an approved third part accreditation provider and all counselors of member agencies must be certified by an approved credit counselor certification program.
- All services are to be delivered with integrity, fairness and professionalism to those who desire it regardless of age, race, creed, religion, employment, marital or financial status.
- There are no initiation or application fees to join FCAA. Annual Membership fees are based on a calendar year and are pro-rated quarterly, based on the joining date within the first year. Dues are based on a sliding scale of revenues as reported on IRS Form 990 with minimum dues of $2,500 and maximum dues of $18,500.
- All FCAA members must participate in our Mystery Shopping program. Not only was this program designed to ensure compliance with FCAA Standards and Best Practices, it is also geared to assist member agencies improve customer service (as warranted)
We invite you to complete an application for membership and join your fellow professional credit counseling agencies to become a reflection of our industry’s Standard of Excellence.
Joining FCAA means you are part of a group of like-minded agencies constantly striving for greater transparency and consumer outcomes. We look forward to hearing from you.
Lori Pollack, Executive Director
Financial Counseling Association of America