What is student loan counseling?
If you’re struggling to repay student loans or concerned about the impact of student loans on your overall financial outlook, you can find answers with non-profit student loan counseling. Our member agencies’ specially trained student loan counselors can help you identify the right solution for paying off your student loans and guide you through the numerous repayment options, step by step.
Where do I start?
You will find information about student loan repayment strategies and online resources throughout this site. You can also call us now at 800-867-8932 or locate a counselor providing student loan counseling services close to you by clicking the locator button below.
You can start by following these steps to find out about your outstanding Federal loans.
- Assess your short- and long-term goals
- Assist in collecting your loan information
- Create a budget so you completely understand your financial situation
- Use a Detailed Questionnaire/Interview to help you ascertain the various possibilities available for you
- Provide you information that helps you move forward based on all financial factors–not a “one size fits all” approach
- Assist you with the necessary steps for enrollment in various student loan programs
- Formulate an Action Plan so you can confidently reach your objective
- Follow-up to help you stay on track
- Charge a Nominal Fee with a money back guarantee
DISCLAIMER: Please note that you may obtain consolidations or other relief programs by yourself for free from the government. The information provided on this site gives you significant information to do so. The additional assistance our member agencies offer is private, optional and not required to be used. Studentloancounselors.org, FCAA or our member agencies providing these services are not related to or part of the Department of Education. Our non-profit member agencies services are not related to credit repair and the member agencies make no promises, claims or guarantees regarding your credit score.